Medical Physics Course Requirements
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. A 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) is preferred.
- Combined General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of at least 295*
- If applicant’s first language, or language of instruction, is not English, English proficiency examination scores are required. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) minimum scores are 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required is 6.5. The PTE Academic minimum score required is 53.
*The applicant may receive a waiver for the general GRE if they possess at least 2 years of work experience in the field of study or a GPA of at least 3.7 (on a 4.0 scale) from their undergraduate degree or the applicant has already earned a graduate degree.
- Calculus – 2 semesters
- General Physics I (calculus based)
- General Physics II (calculus based)
- Modern Physics*
- Two additional upper level physics courses: Quantum Mechanics and one other such as Electricity and Magnetism, Nuclear Physics, Thermodynamics, or Analytical Mechanics.*
*Not a requirement for admission, but must be taken prior to, or concurrently with graduate program courses.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions of higher learning
- Curriculum vitae/Resume
- 3 Letters of reference that attest to academic and professional achievements
- General Graduate Record Examination scores*
- English proficiency test scores (if applicable)
- Application fee of $35.00 (non-refundable)